Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Basketball never stops

Basketball has been my favorite sport since i was kid. Basketball for me is not just a past time or a hobby, it's a passion. I've been through a lot in this sport. It's been an up and down journey for me. let me share some of my experiences in the game of basketball.

I started playing basketball when i was in elementary. My biggest influence is my father. He is my first coach and mentor. He taught me everything i needed to know. When i was in High school i started to train for the schools basketball team. Luckily the team acquired me. I played college ball too. I played for STI college - Sta. Rosa for 2 years and a reserve player at San Sebastian College Recoletos - De Cavite for 1 year. It's been a tough road for me, because there are a lot of tall and good players. But i had success also, I remember scoring my first basket, it felt like i won the championship, literally. I also remember the gruesome training we had all those years, the sprints we ran, the weights we lifted and the drills we did repeatedly. The bond we made as team is treasured forever. In my first two years in college ball, we won back to back championships, for me even though i had limited minutes i took a huge pride as part of that team. Everyday of practice i motivate myself to become a better player, i always put on my mind that in order to be successful work hard. Being a varsity player has been a great help for me. Since i started college ball i have been a scholar and for us it's a big help not only for me but for my parents.

Through the years i realized that my career is not for playing basketball, that if i chose to continue to play, my education will be affected, I've seen so many players that did not succeed in playing basketball and did not finish their studies. And it seems i will not be selected to be a regular player, So i made up my mind to transfer school and focus first on finishing my studies. I don't regret the decision i made back then and i thank God, my family and friends for supporting me whatever decision i made.

Today, I play basketball with my classmates, friends and family and enjoy every minute of it. In outside competitions or leagues i go all out, i apply all my training and knowledge to the game. At the end of the day basketball is still my favorite no matter what, i will keep competing until i can. Basketball never stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment