Sunday, July 8, 2012

Uniquely Singapore

It's been a year and still the memories, good times and all the happenings are still fresh in my mind. It's my first time to fly out of the country, and also my first time to fly. I admit, I freaked out when the plane started to take off, it feels like I'm riding a roller coaster which I don't like, but when the plane started to stabilize in the air, the mice in my chest calmed down. Manila to Singapore will take you 4 hours. The annoying part of it is that the seats are not comfortable because I don't fit, the legroom is too tight! We should took PAL or CEBUPAC i guess, because they have a wide legroom "just saying" but it's alright, the main purpose of the trip is in Singapore not in the plane so imma stop complaining now.

We landed in Singapore at midnight. Other students fell asleep after we check-in, but not us. After we check-in Gino, Jin (My roommates) and Myself took a night tour around the city "Nagpunta tayo dito para mag enjoy hindi para matulog"  I said to them. So we took a little trip of our own.


First stop, NEW WATER. It's the water treatment facility in Singapore. The place looks cool, there were a lot of Koi fish in the pond, I like to get one for myself and put it in my bag and take it home in the Philippines(If only I could I would). They also gave us a bottled water from the system. It tastes like uhm, water I guess.


Universal Studios
Next stop, UNIVERSAL STUDIOS! My favorite stop! We spend almost all afternoon in universal studios, we took all the rides except for the wild roller coaster Galaxy, because it scare the crap out of me. But roller coasters in universal studios is inevitable, why? We rode the MUMMY ride, we thought it's just a tour on the inside but it caught us off guard and turned itself to a freaking roller coaster! It was too scary to ride a roller coaster if you can't see nothing, I felt my stomach is going to burst out, but believe it or not, we rode 3 or 4 times because it gives us a lot of adrenaline rush for real. The experiences we gained was so great, we really had a good time.

After Universal Studios, we rode the Singapore Star flyer. The view of Singapore at night was so amazing, literally. When we we're at top you can almost see the whole country itself.




Singapore Star Flyer
One thing I love about Singapore is the environment, unlike here in the Philippines, people in Singapore we're disciplined even a small violation like littering will put you into a lot of trouble. Singaporeans take small violations seriously, so my advice if your going to Singapore, Don't act like your in the Philippines because you will get into a lot trouble, trust me. How can I say? There we're an incident involving me. When we land in Changi airport, I can't help but to take photos inside, the problem is that they don't allow foreigners to take photos inside the Pre-departure area where in you check-in, go to immigration and customs. After I took a photo of the area a little Singaporean dude yell at me and came running to me, I don't know what I'm going to do, am I going to kick his midget face or do nothing that's the first thought that came into my mind, but when he approaches me he just said "Delete that picture it's forbidden to take pictures here" then I said, "Okay". I thought that they will deport me back to the Philippines, whew! But don't get me wrong, Singaporeans are nice people.

In Singapore, you will encounter many races, such as Chinese, Malays, Indonesians, Indians, Koreans and even Filipinos. Among all of them, I like Chinese people. Why? Chinese people always smile and very accommodating. When we went to China town, Even Chinese people knows how to speak tagalog because they know they we're a lot of Filipinos in Singapore. That's what I called Adapting. That's why Chinese people are very successful in business field.

Mee Goreng
FOOD in Singapore was exquisite!! My all time favorite is MEE GORENG. It was good and very oriental. One of the main reason I joined the trip is to explore their cuisines. Everybody knows I love to eat, and I eat a lot, for real.

The Merlion
Before we go home we took a day tour around Clarke Quay Park to see the Merlion, The trademark of Singapore.

The trip was so great, I'm glad and blessed to be able to join and I'm thankful because God provided all the expenditures for me to join the trip. The trip took 4 and a half days, but will last for a long time.


Check out my photos here:

Global Marketing Tour Part 1 Global Marketing Tour Part 2 Global Marketing Tour Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment